Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Donations Over Time

This graphic published by USA Today on Nov. 30, 2010, presents a lot of information. I have a hard time saying that I like this graphic because it is so busy. I feel like all the different graphs were jigsaw-puzzled together. It would have been better for organization if each graph had a box around it so that the reader could clearly tell when one graph ends and another starts. One thing I do like about this graphic is the graph on the far left. It includes a line for inflation, which is a factor that I think is typically forgotten when money over the years is discussed. Including the inflation line lets the reader compare donations in the past in current money values. I also like that the two bar graphs highlight the highest value in a darker shade of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment